Wednesday 9 January 2013

Equally Yoked...


In my rather short, but very blessed time here on earth I've had the privilege to meet quite a number of wonderful people, I've also had a number of mind blowing experiences, with some of course not being very good for me, but all the same we do learn from our experiences... And that is what mistakes are there for, for us to learn, grow and hopefully be better people after that... So really one can live a life with no regrets if they choose to learn from their bad choices, decisions and really make a 360!turn and choose His Path... Yes only on His!(His here being our heavenly Father), because on His path there is peace, Joy, clarity and abounding and unconditional love! All of which are elements of a successful life if you ask me...

For the longest time 1st Samuel 15:22, which reads that Obedience is Better!! than Sacrifice, was really just a verse for me, because I've always been the person who'd rather experience something for myself to get the lesson even of it means getting burned! But now almost 27years later, I see why God asks us to obey His every word, it really is for our own good! to live by His law and fully trust Him always and not man... This lesson was learnt after realisation from another of His vital lessons that teaches us in 2nd Corinthians 6:14 to not be Unequally yoked with unbelievers, as light and dark have nothing in common,' Now this one I battled with cause I always thought that I could be the influence, and His light would shine through me and bring those in the dark to light!! but boy! isn't that the hardest thing one could ever do! especially if coming from the woman, because it is the man who is meant to be the head in the relationship.

Therefore trying to influence renewal of mind when really that isn't your role can be a tricky one, so I came across Matthew 11:30, which reads 'For my yoke is easy to bear and burden light' and like a light-bulb of all the years I've read that verse never has it made so much more sense to me... Let me explain when you decide to rest your worries on God, He will surely give you rest, but also my other interpretation of this is when two decide to come together as one, God wasn't kidding about being on the same page; For if you have same values, views, even similar backgrounds and experiences then forming a friendship and bond is far easier, but when the opposite is the case, that's when unhappiness creeps in, just sticking around because of time and or investments and really being lonely in a relationship, which is a paradox really, but if you are both under His authority then though the journey is never a smooth one, it will be easy, because His yoke is easy! If nothing else, just being on the same page spiritually really aligns everything else and there in lies Fulfilment... So may we all live by 1st Samuel 15:22, the heartache will definately by far be much less if not even at all...

Be Blessed;-)

7 comments:

  1. You are writing....finally....great post babe. M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Ma:-) I wish I could post one everyday! I had really missed it, but now getting the inspiration... Lemme get busy;-) Keep reading!

      Delete
  2. Keep walking. Just keep walking. He heals. He restores. He is the true redeemer. D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything that God ever tells us to do is never for his benefit but for ours.
    Once men and women understand this, obeying him, however hard it maybe, will become easier.
    Instead of one praying for God to give them a good man or woman, one should begin praying that God makes them the type of person that he can be able to give his best to.
    Being equally yoked solves absolutely everything. When there is an issue, both parties go to the same God to solve it and in turn God puts in their hearts the solution. Whenever one is about to do something he or she knows they shouldn't do, being equally yoked means God is able to convict their hearts not to do it.
    Some things in this world we were not meant to handle by ourselves. A lot of people believe it is by their character or self assuredness or the like that will promise them a great partner. Only God, whose insight is beyond ours as he can see into that persons heart, only he can assure us a great man or woman.
    Being equally yoked is the one thing that we can measure and do on our own to make sure that we end up with the man or woman we wish to be with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Teti... Very wise young lady there! I wish I knew that much in my 'younger days' LOL! But everything in it's time, even life lessons, there is a reason all this is making sense to me now. Plus His timing is always timely and perfect!

      Delete
  4. Christ is indeed the yoke of our salvation n He's tha one that holds us 2getha in this mission of spreading tha gospel...great inspiration Grace
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete